From the Bridge Wing 10-5-2013

From the Bridge Wing 10-5-2013
This Day in Coast Guard History: 1938 – The newly established “Coast Guard Reserve” (what would become the Coast Guard Auxiliary) enrolled its first members. 1943 – Patrol Squadron 6 (VP-6 CG) was officially established.  This was an all Coast Guard unit.  Its home base was at Narsarssuak, Greenland, code name Bluie West-One.  It had nine PBY-5As assigned.  CDR Donald...