NOAA predicts below normal Eastern Pacific hurricane season

NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center today announced that climate conditions point to a below normal hurricane season in the Eastern Pacific this year. The outlook calls for a 5 percent probability of an above normal season, a 25 percent probability of a near normal season and a 70 percent probability of a below normal season. Allowing for forecast uncertainties, seasonal hurricane forecasters...

NOAA hurricane outlook indicates an above-normal Atlantic season

The Atlantic basin is expected to see an above-normal hurricane season this year, according to the seasonal outlook issued by NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center – a division of the National Weather Service. Across the entire Atlantic Basin for the six-month season, which begins June 1, NOAA is predicting the following ranges this year: googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1461251439213-0');...