Coast Guardsman medevaced after exposure to battery gasses

13th Coast Guard District NewsSEATTLE – A member of Coast Guard Station Bellingham was medevaced after he was exposed to battery gasses, while on patrol in the vicinity of Cattle Pass, Thursday, at approximately 1:20 a.m.

The member was transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bellingham, Wash.

A Coast Guard 33-foot Special Purpose Craft-Law Enforcement (SPC-LE), from Station Bellingham, was experiencing engine difficulty near Friday Harbor. While inspecting the engine, the crew was exposed to battery gasses. One crewmember complained of feeling nauseous and was experiencing chest pains.

Another Station Bellingham boat crew was nearby and removed the crew from the SPC-LE.

The exposed crew was transported to Friday Harbor. One exposed member was airlifted by Airlift Northwest to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bellingham, and the remaining crew were examined and treated at a clinic in Friday Harbor, and released.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

Related Posts

Comments are closed.