Today in Coast Guard History – March 4th

* 1907- Congress appropriated $30,000 for installing wireless telegraph on not more than 12 revenue cutters.

* 1915- Secretary of the Treasury was authorized by Congress to detail cutters to enforce anchorage regulations in all harbors, rivers, bays and other navigable waters of United States.

* 1925- An Act of Congress (43 Stat. L., 1261), for the first time, provided for disability retirement within the Lighthouse Service.

* 1929- Congress appropriated $144,000 for seaplanes and equipment for Coast Guard.

* 1952- An air detachment consisting of three helicopters and necessary personnel, established as the first unit of its type on a test basis at the air station, Brooklyn, New York, began operating in support of port security operations.

* 1977- ENS Janna Lambine, USCG, graduated from naval aviation training at NAS Whiting Field, Milton, Florida. She was the Coast Guard’s first female pilot.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

Related Posts

Comments are closed.