Today in Coast Guard History – April 2nd

  • 1924- Congress appropriated $13,000,000 for ten air stations and equipment. Congress first authorized the stations on 29 August 1916 but did not provide for sufficient funding until this date.
  • 1982- The newest addition to the Coast Guard’s air fleet, the HU-25A Guardian, was dedicated and christened at Aviation Training Center Mobile.
  • 1983- The State Department forwarded a request for assistance from the United Arab Emirates to help prepare for an oil spill cleanup in the Persian Gulf. The spill occurred after combat operations during the Iran/Iraq war had left many oil wells burning and leaking oil. Four Coast Guard pollution experts responded to the request.
  • Related Posts

    Comments are closed.