HONOLULU — Responders continued the search for Charles Locklar, 26, near Lapakahi State Park, Big Island, Monday.
Crews currently engaged in the search are:
- HC-130 Hercules airplane and MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crews from Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point
- Crews of Coast Guard Cutter Kittiwake from Honolulu and Coast Guard Cutter Kiska (WPB-1336) from Big Island
- A 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew from Coast Guard Station Maui
- A Navy MH-60 helicopter crew from Marine Corps Base Hawaii at Kaneohe Bay
- Air and surface assets with divers from the Big Island Fire Department
Weather in the area is reported as 27 mph winds with waves at 6 feet.
Locklar was last seen swimming toward shore with his uncle after their 10-foot skiff reportedly capsized due to high winds approximately a half mile offshore, Saturday.
An Urgent Marine Information Broadcast has been issued alerting mariners in the area to keep a sharp lookout and report any sightings to the Coast Guard Sector Honolulu command center. Anyone with information that may help locate Locklar is asked to contact the Sector Honolulu command center at 808-842-2600.