PHILADELPHIA — The Coast Guard and partner agencies continue to respond to a diesel fuel spill Tuesday in the Schuylkill River near the 2400 block of Market Street in Philadelphia.
Miller Environmental Group Inc., an oil spill response organization, conducted cleanup operations Tuesday resulting in 338 gallons of diesel fuel being recovered.
It was reported Monday that a sensor malfunction on an emergency generator at a CenturyLink facility caused an overflow, resulting in a potential spill of approximately 4,200 gallons of diesel fuel.
The Coast Guard continues to monitor the situation and oversee cleanup efforts.
- Coast Guard Sector Delaware Bay
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
- Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management
- Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- Philadelphia Water Department