A South Carolina Department of Natural Resources aircrew located Logan Brown, 21 years old. A CCSO boat crew rescued him and transferred him to EMS.
Still missing is Dean Britt, 22 years old.
Crewmembers aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Yellowfin and an HC-130 Hercules airplane from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater, Florida, are currently searching.
A Coast Guard C-130 airplane crew located an overturned green kayak approximately four miles off Kiawah Island, at approximately 12:44 p.m. The kayak was placed aboard the Cutter Yellowfin. Logan Brown was found with his kayak approximately two miles away.
Coast Guard crews have covered approximately 1,337 square miles in their search. Crews are searching an area extending from Folly Beach to the south side of Seabrook Island. The Coast Guard is scheduled to search throughout the night and into Monday morning.
The following Coast Guard assets searched Sunday:
- Crews aboard two C-130 Hercules airplanes from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater
- Crews aboard two MH-65 Dolphin helicopters from Coast Guard Air Station Savannah, Georgia
- Crews aboard a 29-foot Response Boat—Small and two 45-foot Response Boats—Medium from Coast Guard Station Charleston
- The crew aboard Cutter Yellowfin
- Members of the Coast Guard Auxiliary aboard two boats and an aircraft
Assisting are members from the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, Folly Beach Fire and Police Departments, and the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
Anyone with information that can assist search crews is urged to call the Sector Charleston Command Center at 843-740-7050.