NEW YORK – A barge that ran aground Tuesday morning, near Catskill, New York, refloated with the tide later that evening.
After visual inspections, the tug, Meredith Reinauer, continued its journey northward in the pre-dawn hours Wednesday morning and arrived in Albany at approximately 7:00 a.m. Another tug, the Mary Kay, served as an escort.
At this time, there are no signs of pollution as a result of this grounding.
The safety zone restrictions that were in place have now been lifted.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation.
Involved in the response were:
- Coast Guard Aids to Navigation Team – Saugerties
- Coast Guard Cutter Katherine Walker
- Pollution responders and marine casualty investigators from Coast Guard Sector New York
- New York State Police Aviation
- New YorkState Department of Environmental Conservation