NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard suspended their search for a person in the water in vicinity of Convent, Louisiana, Thursday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector New Orleans were notified by Customs and Border Protection at 8:30 a.m. that a 35 year-old male Chinese national was missing from the motor vessel BBG Bright.
Coast Guard crews searched eight miles of the Lower Mississippi River for approximately six hours.
Rescuers did not find any indication of the person in the water and additional information received by investigators led the Coast Guard to suspend the search of the person on the water.
Involved in the search were:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew
- Coast Guard Station New Orleans 29-foot Response Boat-Small crew
- Port of South Louisiana surface assets
- ZEN-NO Facility security team
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection