“Due to the amount of time that has elapsed since the plane crash and the information we have gathered from our searches, we made the difficult decision to suspend active search efforts pending further developments,” said Capt. Benjamin Cooper, the commanding officer of Coast Guard Sector Delaware Bay. “We appreciate the efforts of our search and rescue partners, including NOAA, the New Jersey State Police and Sea Tow.”
Searches were conducted by crews of:
- A 47-foot Motor Lifeboat crew from Coast Guard Station Atlantic City
- An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City
- The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Ibis from Cape May
- A 25-foot Response Boat-Small crew from Coast Guard Station Great Egg
- The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Morro Bay
Search crews completed nine search patterns covering approximately 83 square miles during a 22-hour period.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.