NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard has suspended the search for the five-year-old boy missing in the water near mile marker 49 of the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Sunday.
LaFourche Parish Sheriff’s Office recovered a body matching the description of the missing five-year-old boy at mile marker 49 of the Gulf ICW, Sunday morning.
Coast Guard Sector New Orleans received a call at 11:18 p.m., Saturday, about a five-year-old boy missing in the water, who was described as a Caucasian male wearing a blue and white life jacket.
Involved in the search were:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew
- Coast Guard Station New Orleans 29-foot RB-S crew
- Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries
- LaFourche Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office
The Coast Guard and local agencies saturated a search area of two square-nautical-miles.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.