PORTSMOUTH, Va. — The Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for a person in the water near Virginia Beach Thursday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads received a report at 6:14 p.m. that a 25-year-old Caucasian male had fallen off his tube while tubing behind a boat near red Buoy 2 approximately 100 yards from Little Creek Channel.
The man entered the water at about 5:55 p.m. and was not wearing a life jacket. He was last seen wearing a white and blue bathing suit.
Involved in the search are:
- Coast Guard Station Little Creek 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew
- Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter and HC-130 Hercules aircraft crews
- Coast Guard Cutter Beluga crew
- Norfolk Marine Police Patrol
- Virginia Marine Police
- Virginia Beach Fire Department
Virginia Port Authority has established an incident command post at 21st Bay Street, Norfolk, VA.
Anyone with information should contact Sector Hampton Roads at 757-668-5555.