NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard is searching for a missing jet skier near Fort Morgan, Alabama, Sunday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Mobile received a call from the Baldwin County 911 at approximately 3:40 p.m., stating a jet skier was reportedly struck by lightning and then dragged behind the Jet Ski. The watchstanders directed the launch of Coast Guard rescue crews.
The reporting source stated the jet skier looked to be a Caucasian male with dark hair and was heading in a southwesterly direction.
Search and rescue assets currently searching are:
- A Coast Guard Station Dauphin Island 45-foot boatcrew
- An Aviation Training Center Mobile HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircrew
- Coast Guard Cutter Stingray
- A Fort Morgan Beach Fire Department jet skier
- Two Alabama Marine Police small boatcrews
If anyone has more information regarding this please contact Coast Guard Sector Mobile Command Center at 251-441-6211.