NEW YORK – The Coast Guard and partner agencies are searching for two missing people in the water near Wading River, New York, Saturday.
At approximately 3:30 p.m., watchstanders from Coast Guard Sector Long Island Sound received a report of three males who slipped into the water while fishing on the rocks near Wading River.
One male was able to grab a hold of a rock and pull himself onto the shore and call for help after he lost sight of the other two men in the water.
- An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod
- A Coast Guard Station New Haven smallboat crew
- A Coast Guard Station New London smallboat Crew
- Suffolk County Marine and Air Units
- Riverhead Fire Department crews
The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Sitkinak is scheduled to arrive on scene at 11 p.m., Saturday to commence search patterns.
The Coast Guard asks the public to contact the Coast Guard Command Center at 203-468-4421 for any information that may help locate the two missing people in the water.