NEW YORK — The Coast Guard and partner agencies are responding to a report of a missing person who went swimming off Long Beach in Long Island, New York, Sunday night.
At approximately 10:15 p.m., watchstanders at Coast Guard Station Jones Beach received a phone call from concerned good Samaritans about a possible swimmer who entered the water at Long Beach and did not resurface.
The good Samaritans reported the missing person as a white male wearing gym shorts and no shirt, about 6-feet tall, 180-200 pounds, and 30-50 years of age.
Assisting in the search are:
- A Coast Guard Station Jones Beach 47-Motor Lifeboat crew
- A Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City, New Jersey MH-65 Dolphin helicopter
- Crews from the Nassau County Marine Unit and Helicopter Unit
- Lawrence-Cedarhurst Fire Department
- Atlantic Beach Fire Rescue
If anyone has any information regarding the missing person, please call Sector Long Island Sound at 203-468-4401.