PHILADELPHIA — The Coast Guard and partner agencies are responding to a diesel fuel spill Monday in the Schuylkill River near the 2400 block of Market Street in Philadelphia.
A sensor malfunction on an emergency generator at a CenturyLink facility caused an overflow of approximately 4,200 gallons of diesel fuel.
An initial estimate of 250 gallons spilled into the river. Miller Environmental Group Inc., an oil spill response organization, is engaged in cleanup operations.
The Coast Guard continues to monitor the situation.
- Coast Guard Sector Delaware Bay
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
- Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management
- Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- Philadelphia Water Department