NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard has suspended the search for a 35-year-old African American male in the water near the Causeway Bridge in Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana, Sunday.
The Coast Guard and local agencies searched approximately 125 nautical miles in Lake Pontchartrain. The case was suspended at 7:55 p.m., Sunday.
Involved in the search were:
- Coast Guard Station New Orleans 29-foot Response Boat-Small crew
- Coast Guard Station New Orleans 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew
- Causeway Police Department
- St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Department
- Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Department
Coast Guard Sector New Orleans received a report at approximately 10:59 p.m., Saturday that the male fell into the water after a motorcycle accident on the Causeway Bridge.