HONOLULU — The Coast Guard is currently searching for a 50-year-old Filipino man who was reported overdue Wednesday from a fishing trip off the eastern coast of Saipan.
Missing is Lito Aguilar.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Guam Command Center received a report from a concerned neighbor at 6:56 p.m. Wednesday. The neighbor stated that Aguilar usually departs from Sugar Dock, Saipan, at noon each day and returns around 5 p.m.
The Coast Guard has issued an Urgent Marine Information Broadcast requesting the assistance of mariners in the area to keep a sharp look out and report any sightings to Guam command center at 671-355-4834.
- The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Washington (WPB 1331), homeported in Apra Harbor, Guam is searching.
- A 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew from Coast Guard Station Apra Harbor is searching west of Rota.
- A Navy MH-60 Seahawk helicopter crew from Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 25 at Anderson Air Force Base, Guam, searched the southwestern shore of Saipan and the eastern shore of Tinian. They will continue to search at first light.
- Personnel from the Department of Public Safety Saipan and Tinian are conducting shoreline searches.
- An HC-130 Hercules fixed-wing airplane crew from Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point has launched from Oahu and is en route to the scene to assist search efforts.
- A CTF-75 Mark 6 patrol vessel crew also conducted a search Wednesday.
Weather conditions in the area are reportedly winds 14 mph with seas to 6 feet.
Note: All dates and times are in Hawaii Standard Time.