SAN FRANCISCO — A Coast Guard helicopter aircrew located a deceased 64-year-old fisherman, after he was reported missing off Muir Beach Wednesday morning.
The victim was identified by the Marin County Coroner as Juki Dang Wednesday evening.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends during this difficult time,” said Cmdr. Matt Thompson, the Chief of Response for Coast Guard Sector San Francisco.
The search for Dang began after a Good Samaritan notified Coast Guard Sector San Francisco watchstanders at approximately 11:30 a.m., stating they found the skiff off Muir Beach with no one aboard.
The Coast Guard and local agencies searched extensively throughout the afternoon and early evening covering 297 track miles.
A crew aboard an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station San Francisco located the man’s non-responsive body at approximately 6:45 p.m., and a crew aboard a 47-foot Motor Lifeboat took the victim to Coast Guard Station Golden Gate for transfer to the Marin County Coroner’s Office.
Agencies involved in the search include crews from:
- Coast Guard Air Station San Francisco MH-65 Dolphin helicopter
- Coast Guard Cutter Sockeye (WPB-87337), a patrol boat homeported in Bodega Bay
- Coast Guard Station Golden Gate 47-foot Motor Lifeboat
- Stinson Beach Lifeguard jet ski crews
- Sonoma County Helicopter Henry 1
- Southern Marin Fire
- Muir Beach Volunteer Fire Department
- California Highway Patrol
- Marin County Coroner