Coast Guard Station Milford Haven received a request for assistance from Middlesex County at approximately 5:20 a.m., stating there was a fire at the Dozier Yachting Center on Urbanna Creek in Urbanna, and two people who lived aboard boats in the marina were not accounted for.
A 45-foot response boat-medium from Station Milford Haven launched, arrived on scene and established a safety zone.
Assisting agencies include:
- Coast Guard Station Milford Haven
- Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City
- A Coast Guard incident management team
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- A Newport News HAZMAT Team
- York County Fire Department
- Virginia State Police
It is reported approximately 50 boats have already been caught in the fire. The fire is reported to be under control but not extinguished.
The lead agency in the investigation of the fire is the Virginia State Police.