Rescue crews continue their search for Dexter Brewer, Gerald Miletello and Ron Gregory, who were aboard the plane that lost radar contact shortly after take-off from Gulfport Monday evening. Response crews have covered more than 1,200 square miles in their search efforts.
Watchstanders with Coast Guard Sector Mobile were notified at approximately 10:40 p.m., Monday, by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center that the single-engine plane lost radar contact shortly after take-off from Gulfport, Mississippi.
Involved in the search is:
- MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crews from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans
- HC-144 Ocean Sentry fixed-wing aircraft crews from Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile, Alabama
- 24-foot Special Purpose Craft—Shallow Water boatcrews from Coast Guard Station Pascagoula
- Small boat crews from
- Mississippi Department of Marine Resources boatcrews
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Department boatcrews
- A Chevron private helicopter crew