PASCAGOULA, Miss. – The Coast Guard, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources and Jackson County Sheriffs Department are investigating a report of a debris field in connection with the missing aircraft near Gauthier, Tuesday.
Response crews are continuing their search for three people who were aboard a Lancair single-engine plane missing since approximately 12:30 p.m., Monday.
Watchstanders with Coast Guard Sector Mobile were notified at approximately 10:40 p.m., by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center that the single-engine plane lost radar contact shortly after take-off from Gulfport.
Involved in the search is:
- An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans
- An HC-144 Ocean Sentry fixed-wing aircraft from Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile, Alabama
- A 24-foot Shallow Water Special Purpose Craft from Coast Guard Station Pascagoula, Mississippi
- Five Mississippi Department of Marine Resources boatcrews
- A Chevron private helicopter crew