NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard and other local agencies are searching for a person in the water on the Upper Mississippi River near mile marker 175, near Reidy Terminals, Thursday.
The missing person is a 29-year-old male with blue eyes and is 5 feet 7 inches tall who was last seen 4:04 a.m. He reportedly fell off a kayak after hitting towlines between two barges. He was reportedly not wearing a PFD.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Upper Mississippi River received the report from personnel at Gasconade Fleeting Services. St. Louis Fire Department was the first on scene.
Involved in the search are:
- Coast Guard Sector Upper Mississippi River 29-foot Response Boat-Small crew
- St. Louis Police Department
- St. Louis Fire Department
- St. Louis Metro Air Unit
- Missouri State Mariner Water Patrol
- Madison County Fire Department
Anyone with information on the person in the water is requested to contact Sector Upper Mississippi River at (314) 269-2610.