NEW YORK – The Coast Guard is searching for a woman who reportedly went missing, Saturday, off of Perth Amboy Victory Bridge, New Jersey.
At approximately 2 a.m., Coast Guard Sector New York watchstanders received a missing persons report from Perth Amboy Dispatch 18 stating that a 22-year-old female entered the river and was swept away by the current. The female’s friend, who was nearby, witnessed this.
Assets involved in searching for the missing person in the water include:
- A 25-foot response boat crew from Coast Guard Station Sandy Hook
- An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City
- NYPD Divers and aviation crews
- South Amboy Police Department
- Perth Amboy Police Department
- Perth Amboy Marine Units
- Coast Guard Cutter Sailfish.
Anyone with information about the missing swimmer are asked to contact watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector New York command center at (718) 354-4353.