We ask our readers to express opinions in a manner respectful to the readers and writers of Coast Guard News (CGNews). Personal, ad hominem attack will result in deletion or modification of posted comments and, after one repeat violation, banning of the individual user. CGNews reserves the right to edit or delete, for reasons of content, comments submitted to CGNews.
CGNews reserves the right to edit or delete your comment posting if you violate one of these rules:
- We do not allow anonymous comments. Using just your first name is OK, but we do require a name, not just a phrase “sailorguy” etc.Comments that violate local, state, or federal laws, promote commercial products or services, impersonate another person or entity, or solicit or encourage illegal activity;
- Comments that libel or defame any other individual or party;
- Comments that are abusive, that threaten or harass another individual, are overly antagonistic, deliberately inflammatory, or ad hominem in nature.
- Comments that contain excessive punctuation or capitalization designed solely to pump up the volume of a post.
- Comments which we deem to be otherwise objectionable, inappropriate or offensive.
We use Akismet to catch spam comments. Should your comment make it through the filter, we reserve the right to edit it, change your website address, point out to the world that you are a spammer or anything else we want.
Full Legal Disclaimer
By using the comments feature on Coast Guard News or otherwise using this site, you agree that you will not post or otherwise distribute any content that is offensive, obscene, defamatory, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, or deceptive. You also agree that you will not impersonate any other person, and that you will not display or distribute copyrighted material without the express permission of the copyright owner (except as otherwise allowed by law), or infringe any patent, trademark, or other proprietary right of any person.
Comment Policy updated July 23, 2009