BOSTON — The Coast Guard is searching for a fisherman who went overboard from the fishing vessel Lydia & Maya approximately 32 miles southeast of Cape Ann, Mass., Thursday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Boston received a report at approximately 12:30 p.m. Thursday, from the 71-foot fishing vessel Lydia & Maya, homeported in Boston, stating that a 47-year-old male crewmember had gone overboard and they were unable to find him.
He is reported to be wearing yellow pants, orange overcoat and no lifejacket.
Responding are crews from:
- The 270-foot Coast Guard Cutter Tahoma
- The 87-foot Coast Guard Cutter Ridley
- A Coast Guard Station Gloucester, Mass., 47-foot Motor Life Boat
- A Coast Guard Station Provincetown, Mass., 47-foot Motor Life Boat
- A Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter
The water temperature is 47 degrees, the air temperature is 40 degrees and seas are two-to-four feet with 20-knot winds.